As a non-profit company receiving donations from individuals and organisations, The Undergraduate Awards aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Our pledge is to treat, not just our donors, but also all our Partner and Affiliate Universities, with respect, honesty and openness. Indeed, we extend this pledge to all entrants and academic judges also.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that current and prospective donors, partners and Affiliate Universities can have full confidence in The Undergraduate Awards.
We promise we will effectively apply any funding – be it gifts, sponsorship transactions or administration fees – to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that all our current and prospective donors, partners and Affiliate Universities will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured any gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition, unless otherwise requested.
- Be assured that information about any donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the organisation will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties, which it does not currently intend to do.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.