The Global Undergraduate Awards (UA) is a prestigious and international academic awards programme, now the largest academic awards programme in the world. The programme is an independent, Irish not-for-profit company with university partners and affiliates around the world. UA is pan-discipline and aims to celebrate and support the world’s brightest and most innovative undergraduate students by recognising their best coursework. Each year, The Global Undergraduate Awards bring together Winners, Commended, and Highly Commended Entrants to a 3-day global summit in Dublin.
This broad role will include a variety of responsibilities within the area of project and event, management, communications, research, promotion and marketing. The candidate will be involved in the following:
- Promotion and Communication of the programme nationally and internationally.
- Data management and statistics assessment ahead of the submissions deadline.
- Assisting with the Global Campus Ambassador programme and speaking to students about the programme to promote UA on campuses around the world.
- Social media management and content creation.
- Brainstorms within the company about expanding the programme.
- Assisting with promotion of The Global Undergraduate Summit 2018 and onsite communications.
You will be working on projects as part of the team, such as:
- Promotion of the awards programme ahead of the deadline.
- Emailing our network of students & academic staff around the world with tailored marketing campaigns for the UA programme and Summit.
- Designing communications materials for the UA programme and Summit using Canva and Adobe suites.
- Maintaining the UA website, social media platforms and blogging about our alumni and partner institutions.
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, creative, driven individual who is not afraid to ask questions.
These are the desirable attributes the ideal candidate will bring to the team:
- Creative problem-solving and logic.
- Great communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Google Apps.
- Good phone manner.
- Can work independently.
- Quick learner.
- A familiarity with design programmes such as Photoshop, InDesign, or Canva is preferred but not required.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- 6 month Internship: October 2018 – April 2019
- Monday – Friday – 8am-10am until 4pm-6pm (flexible start-finish times)
- €195 gross per week (paid monthly)
- Office lifestyle benefits (breakfast, lunch & snacks, Leapcard etc)
The Global Undergraduate Awards is located in Dublin City Centre: 65 Great Strand St, Dublin
How to apply:
To apply simply send your CV and a short cover letter outlining why you wish to work with The Global Undergraduate Awards to Aifric Ní Chríodáin, email@example.com