Eligible submissions are drawn from corrected coursework across all academic disciplines, which:
- Has achieved a grade of:
Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia: an A grade
UK and Ireland: a high 2.1 or above
- Represents the highest standard of intellectual and scholarly achievement
- Embodies a piece of independent and original work
- Takes the form of a text-based essay/project, with images/graphics where relevant
- Takes the form of a critical/analytical discourse
- Has a word count between 1750 – 5000 words*
*With the exception of the following categories which have a word count of up to 12,000:
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical Science
- Computer Science and Information Studies
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Engineering and Mechanical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics & Physics
- Medical Sciences
Please ensure that you do not include any of your personal details (name, institution of study, name of supervisor/lecturer, student number) on your paper. Papers that include personal details will be disqualified as they are in breach of the judging process’ anonymity policy.
Only whole and complete essays/projects will be accepted.
NB: Should you choose to submit a modified/shortened version of your original project, please request the approval of your lecturer/supervisor to ensure that the modified copy qualifies for the same grade as the original copy.
The programme currently only accepts individual essays/projects only. Group submissions are not allowed.