We’re looking for a Communications Coordinator!
The Undergraduate Awards (UA) team is looking for budding Communications Coordinator who wants to add value to a young, global, non-profit organisation.
Since 2008, UA has developed a niche academic awards programme, tipped as “a junior Nobel Prize”, that has expanded around the world and receives thousands of entries from hundreds of universities. And, excitingly, this is growing every year.
We’re looking for a unique individual to join our small team and promote UA’s brand globally. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, UA’s mission to identify and connect the world’s smartest students – and be brimming with ideas. Some previous work experience in a university or related environment is preferred.
In return, we can offer a fun and friendly work environment with opportunities to grow and learn. But most importantly, we can provide you with the opportunity to really make a difference, both to the organisation and the international student community UA has created.
- Assist in the promotion of The Undergraduate Awards programme on the island of Ireland and throughout Affiliate University campuses around the world.
- Manage the Campus Ambassador programme of The Undergraduate Awards, recruiting students in our affiliate universities globally, managing the platforms and running the 2-term programme.
- Manage UA’s social media channels and Communications Pack, growing our online presence and communicating the UA brand to our networks effectively.
- Maintain student-level relationships in all institutions on the island of Ireland and worldwide.
- Assist the Communications Manager in effectively promoting The Undergraduate Awards programme in our growing number of Affiliate & Partner Institutions.
- Implement the annual communications plan for academic institutions including: online communications through undergraduateawards.com; digital marketing and social media outlets; campus visits and the distribution of promotional material.
- Create and maintain relationships with student bodies such as Student Unions, relevant societies etc. in all affiliates on the island of Ireland and in our Affiliate Universities around the world.
- Create and maintain relationships with other relevant contacts e.g. academic regional and national committees etc.
- Curate/update the Communications Pack to effectively promote The Undergraduate Awards globally online and in academic Institutions worldwide.
- Assist the University Account Executive in providing tailored promotional material to the Communications Pack.
- Ensure that effective evaluation systems are in place related to all above objectives, enabling the reporting of progress to management.
- Assist in the development and deployment of all initiatives by The Undergraduate Awards, including: alumni programme, category development, The Undergraduate Library, and The Undergraduate Journal.
- Assist in the significant international expansion of The Undergraduate Awards both in terms of communication tasks with international institutions, and also in terms of business operations development and research.
- Assist where necessary in the annual UA Global Summit event – both in the promotion and production thereof.
The Ideal Candidate
- A bachelors degree or higher
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of Google Applications a plus)
- Fluency in English
- A highly motivated self-starter – Are you an Achiever?
- A strategic and organised approach to work – Does your heart flutter when you hear the words “colour coded”?
- Proactive team player with the desire to develop leadership skills – Are you a budding Leader eager to manage a small team?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Can you communicate in an enticing manner?
- A knowledge and interest in worldwide education and research – Could you work within this global academic community?
- An appreciation of the development of a small non-profit organisation – Would you enjoy working on a small team that makes a difference?
- A fun, enthusiastic outlook – Do you see opportunities around every corner?
- An enthusiasm for UA’s mission and vision – Do you believe in what UA is trying to achieve?
€22,000 (depending on experience) basic salary with a 2-part bonus scheme, plus office benefits (lunch & breakfast, volunteering days etc).
Deadline: 22nd of August
Please send your CV and cover letter to Bella FitzPatrick on firstname.lastname@example.org